How it works - Easy email
We know many Seniors want to have a computer so they can email with their friends and family. We’ve made email very easy-to-use. Here’s an overview:
- Inbox - this is where your new email arrives and where you keep your email until you delete it. Once you open an email you get simple choices - do you want to reply, forward, or delete it? Notice that we can show a picture of who sent the email as email addresses can be a bit hard to understand.
- Write Mail - we have a dedicated place for creating a new email. This is very easy to use and we don’t bother with complicated features like ‘CC’ or ‘BCC’. We find Seniors learn to create and send email very quickly using our system.
- Address Book - the address book is where you keep track of the email addresses for your friends and family. Friends and family that you’ve invited to join you on BigScreenLive can also share address book information with you.
- Mail Sent - a copy of the email you’ve sent is kept in case you need to review it or send it to someone else.
- Trash - deleted emails are kept here until you’re really sure you want to get rid of them.
- Viruses and Spam - the BigScreenLive system checks all email to make sure it is free of viruses. BigScreenLive also looks for email that appears to be spam and prevents it from getting to you.